Image Map

Thursday, November 29, 2012

CHEERS! {A Holiday Drink Recipe}

So if you follow me on instagram or twitter then you've probably heard me raving on and on about my favorite holiday drink, wassail. When I was a little girl, wassail was always served at family holiday parties and I always looked forward to it. About a week before Thanksgiving I decided I was going to make my own wassail for our family gatherings this year - the only problem - I don't have my family's recipe.


I scoured the internet and only had to try two recipes to find the perfect one. If you like apple cider, you will love wassail. It's got a thicker and richer taste than regular cider + bonus points, it's great when spiked! :) Give this a try y'all - I'd love to know what you think about it!

INGREDIENTS:

6 CUPS Apple Cider
2 CUPS Cranberry Juice
1 CUP Orange Juice
1/4 CUP Sugar
1 Medium Orange, quartered
2 Cinnamon Sticks
16 Whole Cloves

Optional:

1 CUP Rum or 1 tsp. Rum extract


DIRECTIONS:

Mix all of the above ingredients together in a crock pot and stir. Cook on low heat for 8 hours or high heat for 4 hours. You can cook wassail on the stove - just heat until boiling. My preference is to let it cook slowly over a long period of time.

Enjoy!
                               Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Looks yum! I have been thinking of this drink ever since I saw it on IG. Finally I am getting a look at at (pinned it).

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers - I want to get to know you! Please make sure you are not a "no reply" blogger so that I can respond to you!