Image Map

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Birthday Boy

Hey y'all ! I think I have some sort of issue when it comes to blogging on Mondays. I typically don't blog over the weekend and if something does get published there is a good chance that it was written ahead of time. It's like my subconscious believes I deserve a 3 day weekend, every weekend. Which I do.

While I"m typically absent on Mondays, yesterday was special. My baby boy turned 3 years old yesterday. He is now a grown man, a big boy. He doesn't need or want his Momma anymore! Kidding, he is still, and always will be, a Momma's boy. Remember that future girlfriends.

You may remember that we like to celebrate as a family on the individual child's day of birth and then have a party after the fact (James' party is this Sunday - EEK, I'M NOT PREPARED!). So we spent Monday making the day extra special for our little man. I've decided to overload you on pictures of my sweet boy from before he even entered this world. I've tried to come up with words that describe how I'm feeling now that he is three but I can't seem to find the right ones. This little boy has my heart in the palm of his hands. He is just amazing in so many ways and he brings us so much joy.

About 6 months gestation!
My extra large pregnant self - the morning of delivery. 
My Newborn Angel
1st Birthday Photo Shoot
I couldn't believe he was 1 already!
James is 2! & To celebrate he gave himself stripes with permanent marker!

...and look at him now. A big 3 year old. Smart, funny, and stubborn as hell. He is the sweetest thing one minute and mean as can be the next. We love you son - Happy Birthday!

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Birthday Biscuits
"I do work now?!" He was so excited.
Loving his little dragon cake! Make a wish!
He loves him some cake!
Awww! 
Alright, could we please not rush through this year? Slow down! 
                                    Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your baby boy! What a sweet post! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pics!
    They grow up way too fast! MY son is six now. He like to watch cartoons while he gets ready in the morning. All this week he has watched this Lego Ninjago show. Today I asked him why he didn't want to watch Disney Junior (I secretly love those shows! lol) He said he just didn't like that channel anymore =( I can still give him a hug in public but kisses are OUT of the question. I wish I could freeze time for a little while. I think all of us moms do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pic with the cake is the cutest thing ive ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 3rd birthday to your little guy. Mine just turned 3 last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww happy belated birthday to your son! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from readers - I want to get to know you! Please make sure you are not a "no reply" blogger so that I can respond to you!