Image Map

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

In All Seriousness...

Follow Me on Pinterest I just love Miranda Lambert. She's gorgeous, talented and tough as nails. She's got this sassy and sweet but I'm a bad ass so you best not mess with me attitude. I like to think I"m just like her. Or a lot like her. Or at least a little bit. Feel free to pipe in here with the "Oh you are way more awesome than Miranda!" comments.


 I also feel like I really OWE Miranda. She is working so hard and diligently to prepare my future husband for our relationship and I honestly think she is doing a fabulous job. Thanks for getting him all lined out for me girl! (Yea, I love Blake Shelton too!)  I was so darn happy when I found out they were a couple and then again when they got married.


In all seriousness, I want to talk about Miranda's new song "Over You". It's a lot different than the music she typically makes but it is such a powerful song. She co wrote the song with Blake and it's about his brother, Ritchie, who passed away from injuries he received in a car accident when Blake was just 14. Ritchie was 24.


The song has been playing on the local radio stations for a couple of weeks now but I really hadn't heard the entire song all at once until today. Now, I'm a sappy mess on a good day, especially here lately, but "Over You" just broke me down! I was crying big crocodile tears almost instantly!!

But you went away,
How dare you?
I miss you.
They say I'll be okay,
But I'm not going to ever get over you.

My gracious it's like these words were ripped straight out of my heart! I lost someone I love dearly in 2007 to suicide. I can't believe it has already been almost 5 years, but the pain, it doesn't leave your heart! Life still goes on, we keep moving and pushing forward, but we never forget those we've lost. If he was standing in front of me today, I think those lyrics are EXACTLY what I would say to him.


 ©..And They Call Me Mommy,2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to ..And They Call Me Mommy with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from readers - I want to get to know you! Please make sure you are not a "no reply" blogger so that I can respond to you!